Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had EVLT for their varicose veins?

(3 Posts)
DoIDare Wed 10-Oct-12 17:22:01

I'm booked!

How soon could you drive? Were you back at work the next day? Or am I a bit optimistic? Did you need painkillers afterwards?

I don't know anyone who has had it done, and not much idea of what t expect.

Catper33 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:59:13

Hi. My husband had this done on a massive varicose vein in his leg last April. After the treatment he had to go for a gentle walk nearby then drove home himself (a journey of over an hour) about 30mins later. He is an avid runner and could not train for a few days but could jog gently and was encouraged to walk as much as he could. There was no need for painkillers and he did not need to take any time of work, but it may depend on what your job is as to whether a day or 2 off are needed. His leg was aching and throbbing for a while, but he reckoned the compression stockings were the cause of this and wearing those was the most uncomfortable part, but necessary to ensure a good outcome.
I think it was uncomfortable but not significantly painful at any point. I hope all goes well for you.

DoIDare Thu 11-Oct-12 06:52:40

Sounds fantastic . Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now