Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

terrible pain. Please talk to me

(10 Posts)

Hurt my back yesterday putting my baby down. Every time I bent down it got worse until a frend had to come over and help me because I couldn't change his nappies, or lift him for feeds or anything.

Rang GP crying, she told me to take paracetemol and codeine. Took paracetemol at 8, codeine at 10.30. Fell asleep out of sheer exhaustion. Just woken up in agony. I thought I was going to throw up it's so bad. I don;t know what to do with myself. My mum can come tomorrow, but then what? I need my back fixed. I need sleep. I'm beside myself.

Please please come and distract me. Tell me about magically healing backs. Anything.

PS - any doctors here? She said not to take anti-inflammatories because I'm still bf, but I have some diclofenac left over from post c-section - surely that's OK? Would it help?

NatashaBee Wed 10-Oct-12 02:46:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hellsbells99 Wed 10-Oct-12 02:51:26

Hi makescakes. Just wanted to send you a hug. Could you try wrapping a bag of frozen peas in a tea towel and then putting them over the painful area? Diclofenic are great but don't have a clue about breastfeeding with them - does the leaflet tell you? ((((hugs))))

Yip[. Have ice on it atm, but I swear I'm gonna throw up. Feel dizzy and sick and going kind of hot and cold. Oh God.

Walkingchloe Wed 10-Oct-12 02:55:19

Poor you, sending sympathy. I take ibuprofen while bf which is an anti inflammatory, might not be strong enough for your needs though??

When my dh's back goes the only thing that sorts him out is a trip to the chiropractor.

Hope it's better soon

God I love my MW led unit. Just rang them and they were sympathetic and said to take the diclofenac.

fuck fuck fuck this hurts and I went 16 hours of induction without pain relief, so I'm pretty hardcore about pain

georgie22 Wed 10-Oct-12 03:14:21

You can take paracetamol and codeine with diclofenac which may be useful in combination (uncertain about bf though). Have you any sense whether ice or heat helps? A heat pad has always been helpful when I have back pain although mine is more chronic. Have you ruptured a disc possibly? You need to be seen by GP. Hope things improve soon.

MsInterpret Wed 10-Oct-12 03:20:33

Poor you! Afraid I don't have any useful advice but sending lots of sympathy, brew and thanks.

Do you have help with the baby for tomorrow? Sounds like you need seen to (chiropractor/osteopath) as a matter of urgency.

ripsishere Wed 10-Oct-12 03:35:05

Sounds like a disc thing to me too. No advice other than alternate the analgesics and apply heat and cold alternately.

It's over to one side of my very lower back. Around my hip. Possibly sacroiliac?

Got ice on it atm. Have be en alternating ice and heat, but ice feels the best.

feel so sick.

Oh god, baby is crying and I want to go comfort him, but I can't face getting up, I just can't. Dh will have to cope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now