Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

contraception advice please

(6 Posts)
bobblywobblymum Tue 09-Oct-12 16:48:55

I have decided to have my copper coil removed as I am unhappy with symptons that it may be causing, but now I have to decide what other other form of contraception to use. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated please.confused

Bumpstart Wed 10-Oct-12 23:56:47

Hi bobbly. It sort of depends on your circumstances really. I recommend the my contraception tool on the fpa website, as whey ask questions about various needs/ preferences.

If you picked the copper coil, perhaps that is because you are not so keen on hormonal contraceptives? If so your options are pretty limited.

Good luck

Ps there is also a family planning section on this site where you could read the low down on various contraceptives.

bobblywobblymum Mon 15-Oct-12 16:09:18

Thanks Bumpstart,thanks I will indeed look in the family planning section before I decide what to do. smile

Isandri Mon 15-Oct-12 16:41:05

I can't use hormonal contraception due to a combination of migraines with aura and depression from progesterone. When I had my copper could removed when I was 23 due to 10 months of bleeding and horrific cramps and lower back pain the family planning clinic fitted me with a (latex free) diaphragm. There are lots of opti

Isandri Mon 15-Oct-12 16:41:44

The ending should have said there are lots of options if you speak to the family planning clinic.

bobblywobblymum Tue 16-Oct-12 14:24:07

Thanks so much for your advice, I had the coil removed this morning and have decided to try mercilon which is what I used many years ago, so I shall wait and see! To be honest, I feel happier having made a decision and am no longer worrying about what to do. Thanks again ladies. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now