Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Dr's cure for a wart? Duck Tape.

(15 Posts)
nothinginthefridge Mon 08-Oct-12 18:54:25

Just that really. Apparently the glue in the duck tape that does something!

BikeRunSki Mon 08-Oct-12 19:04:37

If something can't be mended with Duck Tape, then it is not worth mending.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 08-Oct-12 19:07:00

I've heard it works. For veruccas too I think.

nooka Mon 08-Oct-12 19:08:26

There have been threads on warts in the past with posters recommending duct tape. Along with banana skin.

Milliways Mon 08-Oct-12 22:04:13

Yep, it cured my very stubborn verrucas beautifully.

SomewhereInCanada Mon 08-Oct-12 22:09:29

Duct tape sticks like shit to a blanket is very adhesive, so doesn't fall off like other wart/verruca plasters. DH found it very effective and it stopped him undertaking home surgery with his Dremel.

MyCatHasStaff Mon 08-Oct-12 22:11:27

You only need a small bit. You don't need to wrap your DS's whole foot in it like I did apparently.

sausagerolemodel Mon 08-Oct-12 22:12:43

There is a great blog from someone I know experimenting with this. No pus, but it's almost worth the KLAXON.

talesfromtheriver.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/all-about-trying-to-get-rid-of-my-huge-disgusting-verruca/

SizzleSazz Mon 08-Oct-12 22:13:03

DD1 was recommended duct tape by our GP too grin

DeepPurple Mon 08-Oct-12 22:13:17

grin images of MyCatHasStaff's DS hobbling around wearing an entire roll of duct tape grin

MyCatHasStaff Mon 08-Oct-12 22:27:37

I only wrapped it round twice. To be fair, he did mention it was "uncomfortable".

timetosmile Mon 08-Oct-12 22:30:39

Dremel, DSs verruca....why didn't I think of that before?
<slopes off to buy large coercive bag of Doritos>

hmc Mon 08-Oct-12 22:35:48

I am liking the nail varnish idea in that blog, might try it on ds's verruca

Dillie Tue 09-Oct-12 22:49:35

It is supposed to strangle the wart by suffocating it and not allowing air & light to it. Not sure if that is right, but makes sense in a way smile

itshotintexas Thu 11-Oct-12 02:11:30

or one drop of tea tree and one drop of lime oil then bandaid. Also what really works but don;t do it if skin is broken (as is then incredibly painful!), apple cider vinegar, then bandage. Works a treat. Bit stinky though. Both take a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: