Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Seretide asthma inhaler

(4 Posts)
wildpoppy Sat 06-Oct-12 22:59:06

Have just been given this to try on Thurs as asthmatic cough getting worse and clenil seemed to have no affect.

Two questions:

1)
I felt immediate impact - cough fifty per cent better within 48 hours. However is this possible - I thought they needed a week to build up enough to help. Am delighted with improvement whether paychosenatic or real but wondered if inhaler or not. Alas after initial
improvement no more, so still have a bad cough, just not as bad as it was.

2) if I am meant to take it morning and night does this have to be first thing and last thing or could it be after breakfast (which is when I clean my teeth) and at 8ish after putting dd to bed? Or should it be just before bed so body can get to work on it while I sleep?

Thanks

betterthanthat Sat 06-Oct-12 23:27:26

I've been on seretide for a couple of years and i love it! Its a combination of a long acting version of ventolin (salmeterol) plus fluticasone so its quite possible you found an immediate effect from the salmeterol, but it might take a few days for the fluticasone to start acting.

I can't answer the second question but i don't imagine its too vital when you take it as long as you're consistent <non medic disclaimer>. However, you must follow the advice to have a drink/rinse your mouth to get rid of the residue. I didn't bother and ended up with oral thrush. Nice.

wildpoppy Sat 06-Oct-12 23:40:33

Psychosomatic. Grrr to predictive text.

wildpoppy Sat 06-Oct-12 23:41:16

Thanks betterthanthat. Yeah have been doing an over the top rinse, brush and mouthwash so far. Mouth has never been so clean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now