Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hurrah...medical backup that I am not making it all up.

(2 Posts)
2kidsintow Thu 04-Oct-12 20:51:27

I've been back and forth to the GPs with my dodgy painful hip. Xrays, blood tests, nothing! It then got worse and I went back after putting up with it for a long time. They had no clue so sent me off to the physiotherapy dept.

I've finally had my appointment. While they can't say 100% what is wrong, the lovely physio put my hip through its paces and verified that yes, it is really weak, yes, it is really tight in the muscles and she found some VERY painful spots I didn't know I had!

Basically the problem is either in a particular muscle or in a particular nerve (they are very close together so they are difficult to tell apart). I have exercises to do and a follow up appt in 3 weeks.

Hurrah for being taken seriously!
But bloody ouch for the pain I'm in after being put through the wringer today!

Thinkability Thu 04-Oct-12 20:55:22

Hopefuly it will all be worth it, 2kids. If you have a gut feeling you sometimes have to keep on and on to be proved right. Well done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now