Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Kidney infection, advice please?

(3 Posts)
Sleepwhenidie Wed 03-Oct-12 20:40:14

I started feeling very ill on Sunday, was worse on monday morning. Saw gp who diagnosed kidney infection, prescribed 3 day course of trimethoprim ab's. So I am about to take the last one.

Whilst I feel much better than I did monday or yesterday, I still have pain in my back and side that I need paracetemol for, still am feverish and very weak. Should I be better than this having almost finished the AB's, in which case go back to gp again if the same tomorrow, or is this typical for kidney infections and i should give it some more time to clear up?confused

Jamdoughnutfiend Wed 03-Oct-12 20:56:50

Go back first thing tomorrow - if you aren't feeling better you are on the wrong antibiotic. Did they do a urine test? Don't hang around, you could end up in hospital on a drip which has happened to me in the past - not fun. Hope uou feel better soon

Sleepwhenidie Wed 03-Oct-12 21:12:15

Hi, thanks jamdoughnut, yes GP did do a urine test, said it was very dilute (i guzzled gallons of water through sun night), but high white cell count and trace of blood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now