Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

scared

(4 Posts)
DizzyHoneyBee Wed 03-Oct-12 06:22:41

I am too scared to go to the GP with this one, I am telling myself it's probably nothing but....I have often been feeling nauseous, mainly in the mornings (I'm not pregnant) and I've been getting tingling in my hands and feet and also have heartburn from time to time. I get a sensation (not sure how to describe it, but it's not an ache and it's not a pain) in my upper stomach in the middle between the gap at the bottom of my ribs and sometimes it's in my back. It's been going on for months now but, oddly, was not a problem when I was on holiday. I am paranoid that it is the big C but I'm too scared to see the GP.
Anybody else had these symptoms? Please, if you have and don't mind posting, I'd appreciate reassurance or a holding hand.

TheMightyRubester Wed 03-Oct-12 06:29:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bilbobagginstummy Wed 03-Oct-12 06:41:03

I had not dissimilar symptoms years ago and it was a combination of grumbling appendix, stress and funny eating habits.

I started eating more in the morning, the stress reduced (I became a student! grin) - and the appendix went nuclear suddenly about a year later. Not fun, but nothing of long-term significance.

pushmepullyou Wed 03-Oct-12 06:43:04

It sounmds exactly like gastro oesophageal reflux disorder, which is not serious but very uncomfortable (I have it as part of a hiatus hernia). Chest/back,a feeling of pressure and fullness are classic symptoms. Go to the GP, if this is what it is it is easily medicated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now