Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else with permanently congested sinuses?

(7 Posts)
tiredandgrumpy Tue 02-Oct-12 20:22:41

Mine always get worse with a cold, but I'm thinking they must hate the air conditioning at work. I've noticed they've got bad again now I've returned from maternity leave. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how have you dealt with it? I can't change job or desk, and feel embarrassed going to the doctor for "a bad cold".

olivo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:39:18

Me. My GP has said he'll refer me to ENT. I've had years of it, tried antihistamines,steroid sprays, and recently had numerous sinus infections that have needed antibiotics. I'm fed up of it.

olivo Tue 02-Oct-12 20:41:13

Sorry, was ranting thereblush. I find saline sprays help a bit with the air con thing, but after flights etc, I end up needing a decongestant fir days. I'm afraid I have no other tips but will watch with interest.

coffeecake Wed 03-Oct-12 13:39:59

Me. After I've had DCs I sound like I have a permanent cold. Air con is AWFUL for me, and I get awful headaches if I'm exposed to it. In the mornings, I'm always bunged up. No tips sorry, I just put up with it.

pinkpaperpiggy Wed 03-Oct-12 13:44:25

Sorry to say that the only thing that cured mine was being made redundant from my job! Once I was no longer in a large air-conditioned office environment it improved dramatically.

I was permenantly blocked up and had several bad sinus infections, the worst one landed me in hospital.

I have heard good reports of nasal rinsing.
www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

This sort of thing.

poozlepants Wed 03-Oct-12 13:51:28

Me too. I often wake up in the morning with a pounding sinus face/headache. Saline sprays are good but they just don't get up far enough.
I had stuff from America like pinkpaperpiggy linked to and a machine that misted it up my nose and round my sinuses and it was fabulous- used it for years and then they stopped making it.

Mine is worse when the weather is wet. I am now trying to stay off dairy as it makes it much worse.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 03-Oct-12 15:18:45

A patient of mine had hers surgically cleared, she said it was great.

She was very well off and may have paid privately to go though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now