Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hepatitis A

(2 Posts)
Chooseaname Tue 02-Oct-12 16:59:23

Been in hospital, Dr is fairly certain this is what is causing my nausea, stomach pain and complete and total lethargy sad

I've had a bit of a google, but was just wondering if anyone can tell me how long I'm likely to feel so rough for, and if there's anything I can do to aid my recovery? I'm a SAHM and physically can't look after DS at the moment, but from Friday will have no choice as DH's work won't let him take any more time off, and no one else to look after him.

Elibean Tue 02-Oct-12 19:31:08

Poor you, its horrid - my Dad had it when I was a kid, and I do remember the tiredness lasted a fair few weeks. The most important thing you can do to help yourself is to rest and not rush back into full action till you really feel ready - I know that will be hard, with your DH going back to work, but lie down when you can, sit when you can, take all offers of help and perhaps most importantly don't expect yourself to feel normal for a while!

HTH, and that you get well soon....its unusual to catch Hep A in this country these days, very bad luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now