Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What can I do about my runny eye?!

(8 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Tue 02-Oct-12 15:20:05

I've had one runny eye for over a month now and its really annoying. It feels a bit puffy but doesn't look it, and sometimes it can feel like I've got bits in it. It's usually like this first thing in the morning, last thing at night and random times in between. It's usually just water but sometimes its a bit gunky too.

It makes no difference if I do or don't wear eye makeup, or if I'm indoors or outside. I only ever wash my face with a very mild soap as I've got super sensitive skin.

The skin round my eye is all dry and wrinkly because of it and I'm forever dabbing it with a hanky. I'm not elderly, just 34, and can't think what could be causing it!

Any tips?

LadySybildeChocolate Tue 02-Oct-12 15:23:21

Pop and see your GP, could be a blocked duct. smile

Sometimesiwonder Tue 02-Oct-12 18:05:37

Or it could be dry eye, counter intuitive as that sounds. if you aren't drinking enough water your eyes get dry and water in response confused

I had it for months before I realised what it was, but it's sorted now. Mind you, I wee a lot smile

Rattitude Tue 02-Oct-12 18:21:13

Definitely get it checked out by a GP or optometrist.

I am sure this could be caused by many things. My cousin had an arachnoid cyst and the main symptom was her watering eyes, so go and get a proper diagnosis to sort it out! smile

Chocolateporridge Tue 02-Oct-12 22:23:28

Thanks for the tips, I'll book an appointment tomorrow!

Rattitude Fri 05-Oct-12 21:42:58

Chocolate, have you had your eye looked at? Is it a bit better?

Chocolateporridge Thu 11-Oct-12 16:31:25

Sorry for slow reply! Yes I went to the docs and she said it was more than likely a blocked duct or some kind of inflammation so she gave me two types of eye drops to try. Within a day it was loads better and its the inflammation drops which have helped: sodium cromuligate.
Thanks for the advice!

Rattitude Thu 11-Oct-12 22:35:38

Glad your eye is better! smile You should have gone earlier to the doctor - tsssk tsssk tsssk!

I hope the skin around your eye is improving too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now