Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Persistent bloated tummy ... fed up

(3 Posts)
Tillyboo Mon 01-Oct-12 16:06:19

I know I am about 10-12 lbs overweight at the moment but most of my extra gain is around my middle. My tummy is constantly sticky outy which is so frustrating as I walk approx 10 miles a week (Nordic walking & tromping about in forests with my dog). I have been swimming every day for about 20 minutes and never seem to sit down I am constantly on the go.

I have to drink a fair amount to keep myself regular (iyswim) otherwise nothing happens.

So why do I look about 5 months pregnant. I intermittently get horrible spasm pains in my lower abdomen which I've always thought were Ovulation pains but I am not ovulating at the moment. They generally come on after I have had a wee.
I had these pains before I had my daughter (she's 8 1/2 yrs now) and I was pain free up until a couple of years ago, they've slowly crept back. My doctor back then didn't seen too worried about them.
I've had it pretty bad this week. My periods are still pretty regular (I was 49 yesterday) and have always been fairly light.
I have noticed an increase in facial hair around my chin & neck (fluffy white hair but it seems to be a bit longer than it was).

I am going to make an appointment with my current doctor but just wondered if anyone else has experienced any of this ?

Tillyboo Mon 01-Oct-12 16:07:52

Someone is going to tell me it's the dreaded 'M' word aren't they sad

tabbycat15 Tue 02-Oct-12 06:39:44

It could be IBS, poly cystic ovaries, fibroids, ovarian cyst if in the abdominal area. Also hormone imbalance of adrenals could cause Cushing's syndrome causing facial hair & abdominal extra weight. I'm sure your Dr will do full hormone tests & blood tests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now