Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could this toothache be?

(7 Posts)
Levantine Sat 29-Sep-12 21:22:28

Underneath a bottom molar. No sign of decay on the tooth, no swelling. Pain niggling for a week or so and suddenly getting much worse. There is quite a lot of receding gum so I suppose it must be an infection of some sort.

I have a massive work deadline and DH is away supporting MIL who has had operation so am on my own with 2 small dc.

What can I do to help at 920 on a Saturday night?

AlphabetiSpaghetti Sat 29-Sep-12 21:26:02

Are you in a city? I'm in London and I think there's a dental a and e at The London on mile end road. Most probably an abscess of some sort. Failing that, gin, ibuprofen, gin, paracetamol, gin. (Disclaimer: I have no medical training!) good luck!

Levantine Sat 29-Sep-12 21:27:01

Yes in London - had checked out kings but it's not open at the weekend, will google mile end road one now. No chance of going anywhere tonight though

gingeroots Sun 30-Sep-12 03:24:37

I know Guys have an emergency dental clinic but I'm b*****ed if I can find any info on line .
It's probably only open in week so may not help ...I know you have to get there about 7.45am to be seen when it opens at 9 am .

I rather like alaphabets care plan though .

Good luck .

wishiwasonholiday Sun 30-Sep-12 03:29:30

We're not in London but the dentists round here have an out of hours service like gp's have you called your usual one there may be a number on the voicemail?

Levantine Sun 30-Sep-12 07:06:03

I slept okay on nurofen - from a bit more googling I think it's an exposed nerve at the root, not an abscess so I think I might try to hang on to see my normal dentist tomorrow. Aaargh

AlphabetiSpaghetti Sun 30-Sep-12 07:44:37

Poor you. Good luck. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now