Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anterior and posterior repair with a coil fitted

(5 Posts)
nanaof2 Fri 28-Sep-12 20:35:29

hello wondered if anyone could help 2 week ago had front and back repair with a coil fitted i still cant wee and have to catheterise myself at least 4 times a day they say this happens but i feel like the only with this problem now today i have started bleeding i am sure its a period after talking to my sisterlaw who is a nurse i just didnt think it would happen so soon is there anybody else in this situation

I think perhaps you need to ring your gynae ward and talk it over with the nurses there as it could possibly be an infection. I'm not sure how the procedure affects your cycle, I've just had a repair with Mirena coil present but I normally don't have periods with this coil. Did they give you a phone no?

nanaof2 Sat 29-Sep-12 22:32:47

thankyou for your reply i am now under the uro gynae nurses they have given me antibotics for a water infection they say this happens occasionally but will get better it just takes time but it just feels as though i am the only one who cant wee at the moment the bleeding has slowed down now just didnt even think about periods with everything else going on

Glad you are getting some help, the gynae nurses at my hospital have been great. There is a long running thread for people having prolapses etc, don't know if you have seen it, it seems a bit intimidating as it is so long but it is full of lovely helpful people, if you have any more problems maybe post on there, lots of people pop in and out for a bit of support. Hope the rest of your recovery is straightforward.

nanaof2 Sat 29-Sep-12 22:55:04

thankyou so much i will see if i can find it i am new to this so will have a look round if i cant find it will get my daughter to help as she knows more about computers than me thank you again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now