Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What could this be? Please don't say I'm pregnant!

(20 Posts)
Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:21:27

I had a really grim 24 hour vomiting bug a couple of weeks ago. Throughout the month I have had bouts of nausea,feeling just off. If I didn't know better,I'd say I was pregnant. I have a feeling a bit like I'm full.
I am not constipated/upset tummy but have cramps like I have. I thought it may be trapped wind,it isn't. I have pain/soreness near my belly button.
I have done two tests,both negative but I'm not due on for another few days.
Any ideas?

DameFanny Thu 27-Sep-12 09:22:07

Poas in a few days. Sorry...

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:23:36

Oh shit.

OhChristFENTON Thu 27-Sep-12 09:24:23

I had the norovirus three years ago and my digestive system did not get back to normal for about 5 weeks after, so it's possible that it's all still settling down for you.

Or you could be pregnant.

grin

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:25:16

I thought someone would come on & say 'oooh I had that bug,don't worry!'

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:26:15

Shit shit shit,I really can't be pregnant.

GOLDFaverolles Thu 27-Sep-12 09:27:40

I have had a bug that was exactly like that, with symptoms for a few weeks after, so I suspect it's just that.

But poas anyway to be sure smile

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:28:38

It could be something loike temporary lactose intolerance following the stomach bug? My DD had that as a toddler, gross nappies and stomach cramps for at least a month after a nasty bout of D&V.

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:29:01

blush LIKE not loike.

PoppadomPreach Thu 27-Sep-12 09:29:28

If it helps, I have something like this at the moment- it might be a bug as though theoretically I could be pregnant, I would seriously doubt it. But if AF doesn't arrive on time, POAS then (but I wouldn't keep testing in the meantime)

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:33:30

Thanks,would probiotics help? I am tbh knackered,not eating fantastically etc. I work full time (some late shifts,weekends etc) & have ds who is 15 months. Hoping that accounts for the knackeredness...

ForkForever Thu 27-Sep-12 09:34:32

Yeah they might help. No harm trying, anyway.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 27-Sep-12 09:39:37

Sounds like you've damaged your gut being so poorly. I'd pop to the dr and explain, and ask if something like omeprazole will settle the symptoms. If you've burnt yuour gut (which is how it sounds) then the omeprazole willreduce your stomach acidf and allow it to heal

EyesDoMoreThanSee Thu 27-Sep-12 09:40:25

I had a nasty 24hr bug a week or so ago, floored me. I am still quite bloted and occasionally queasy. Has to be said that the D&V bugs do upset contraception so I would POAS in a few days

If it makes you feel better I might do the same toO!

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 09:49:33

Thanks smile
There seems to be a little hard lump above my belly button (where the occasional soreness is) feels a bit like a baby foot kicking iyswim.

EyesDoMoreThanSee Thu 27-Sep-12 09:54:13

It'd be a bit soon for a foot? But trapped wind can feel very similar to baby movements, the first indication I had with my DD when I was about 8 weeks pg was the sensation of tiny tiny flutters.

Icelollycraving Thu 27-Sep-12 10:01:57

Oh I wasn't saying it was a foot grin

Elibean Thu 27-Sep-12 10:25:39

Little hard lumps near belly buttons can be hernias - which, I suppose, could pop up after a violent bout of vomiting.

Sounds like wait a few days, POAS, then off to GP if still negative smile

earwig1 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:50:04

Similar here... I had nausea and felt ill for 48 hours, no DV though. Since then, 3 weeks now, I have had stomach discomfort, mild stich-like pain that comes and goes all over my abdomen...

HaveALittleFaith Fri 28-Sep-12 17:43:35

I was going to suggest probiotics. Horrible stomach bugs can change your gut flora and leave you unsettled for a while. If it doesn't settle, see your GP - it could be an underlying issue affecting your gut. I think if you were pregnant, by the time you got these type of symptoms you'd get a positive pregnancy test!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now