Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be facial neuralgia?

(3 Posts)
Willowme Wed 26-Sep-12 21:11:14

I've had pain in the left side of my face all day, its from my jaw up to my temple and into my ear, but it's particularly sore under my eye.

I had a similar pain about 8 months ago and went to doc, she said it could be neuralgia but too soon to diagnose if it has just happened once.

It's a dull pain with a sharp electric shock type pain every so often, my cheekbone also feels like its a bit swollen.

I've been googling it and it's been nicknamed 'the suicide disease' as the pain is said to be the worst pain you can experience. My pain is bearable although it's getting progressively worse, so I'm not sure if this is it or not. Can't get to docs for a few days and I won't be able to get time off work.

Anyone suffer from this or know anything about it?

Willowme Wed 26-Sep-12 23:15:13

Anyone? Bump

jalopy Thu 27-Sep-12 07:23:37

It's worth getting your teeth checked by a dentist. Dental infections can give rise to awful face pain. The dentist can also check for joint problems in the jaw too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now