Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast lump while pregnant and during breastfeeding - help, now I'm scared I left it too late

(2 Posts)
MrsVW Tue 25-Sep-12 14:12:37

About a year ago I had my annual medical and the doctor felt a small hard lump in my breast. She told me that it was probably nothing to worry about and it was probably related to my pregnancy (I was then 9 weeks pregnant) and just to keep an eye on it.
During my 6 week check up I mentioned it to my GP. She did an examination, felt many differet lumps and bumps in both of my breasts and told me to forget about it and come back when I stop breastfeeding. Baby is now almost 4 months, I'm still breastfeeding, and have been getting quite nervous about the lump, which is still there, so arranged another appointment today with a different GP. She confirmed that she did feel it and referred me to the breast clinic. Now I'm really scared that I left it too late and that it might be something more serious. Please share your experiences with me to calm me down.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 25-Sep-12 14:20:38

I had a lump. Didn't hurt or anything. Gp got me appointment at breast clinic. Ultrasound showed it was a cyst. Cyst drained. Job done smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now