Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back pain related - does this sound familiar to anyone?

(2 Posts)
Empusa Tue 25-Sep-12 14:06:30

I've been struggling with upper back pain for over 4 years now, had MRIs, Xrays, seen 3 separate physios and been on diclofenac and cocodomal 3x a day.It has never got any better, and it's been stopping me doing pretty much anything.

I find it painful to sit, to stand, to walk, to stretch, to lift. Even lying down hurts, though slightly less than any other activity.

Over time my posture has worsened because of it, as I've found I get a slight bit of relief if I roll my shoulders forward and slump slightly. Unfortunately this has had the effect of doctors recently saying, "well your posture is obviously causing the pain". Rather than acknowledging that the posture was a result of the pain - though I am aware it hasn't helped long term.

When the pain is bad a get a lump at the top of my spine, at the base of my neck. A big solid lump. The pain also spreads into my shoulders and neck when it is that bad.

Recently I've started getting very similar pain in my wrists and elbows.

I think it is also possible that the back pain is increasing the amount of migraines I get.

The doctors now seem to have given up (I suspect they think I'm making it all up), and the painkillers are no longer taking the edge off. It's getting to the point where I'm struggling to comfort DS when he is upset as I'm finding it harder to pick him up as he's getting bigger. He's only 6 months sad I should still be able to cuddle him at 6 months old!

I just can't see any relief from this, I feel like I'm trapped in an OAP's body at the grand old age of 28 sad

PeggyCarter Tue 25-Sep-12 18:33:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now