Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help, I have really bright yellow wee after being in hospital!

(8 Posts)
trickynicky Tue 25-Sep-12 08:27:17

Was admitted Sunday night due to passing a gallstone. Spent yesterday in hospital awaiting a scan and nil by mouth from 7.30am til 5pm and finally released last night. I was on a saline drip the whole time so can't be dehydrated can I? This morning, just had scary wee - almost luminescent bright yellow wee. I was thinking dehydration at first or drugs that I was given. Only had oral morphine and some paracetamol though. I did give them a urine sample earlier in the day and it was fine yesterday morning so they'd have picked up anything unusual wouldn't they? Any ideas!?

Bunbaker Tue 25-Sep-12 08:29:21

I think you should drink plenty of fluids and see if it is paler next time you go.

I hope you feel better soon.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 25-Sep-12 08:34:21

Did they put any other substance into you in any way whatsoever (eg. a dye prior to a scan)?

Its just that I had some eye drops prior to an eye examination that turned my snot luminescent yellow.

GolfOscarLimaDelta Tue 25-Sep-12 08:35:29

It might just be because you were null by mouth.

You shouldn't be dehydrated due to the drip though.

Just drink plenty and call the docs at the first sign of lower back ache or pain when peeing.

Passing a gallstone must have been agony! I'm having mine removed tomorrow. Can't wait!

urbanproserpine Wed 26-Sep-12 23:17:00

Are you on antibiotics? rifampicin makes ALL bodily fluid bright yellow.

urbanproserpine Wed 26-Sep-12 23:18:33

It's commonly given to people who have come into contact with meningitis sufferers though, and is targeted at mucus membranes

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 27-Sep-12 00:39:30

You didn't have a Berocca (or similar) or multi-vitamin with lots of Vit B, did you? they make your wee very yellow also.

Footle Thu 27-Sep-12 07:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now