Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Might sound a bit bonkers, but any reasons for the persistant 'minty' taste in my mouth?

(7 Posts)
notnowbernard Mon 24-Sep-12 21:56:28

It feels like I have a minty, almost tingly taste in my mouth all the time (for about a week now)

Can feel it on my lips sometimes as well

I am at a loss, and Google no help... can't come up with anything!

(NOT pg, btw)

TIA!

notnowbernard Tue 25-Sep-12 13:36:04

anyone?

InkleWinkle Tue 25-Sep-12 13:52:21

I'm sorry, pregnant would be my only suggestion!

Hope some one more helpful comes along soon!

notnowbernard Tue 25-Sep-12 13:55:01

Thanks for replying though smile

Have booked a dental appt to see if that reveals anything

It's just such a weird feeling

mumof4sons Tue 25-Sep-12 21:02:26

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the following symptoms:

1. burning mouth (it is as if you have just brushed your teeth with really minty toothpaste that burns.) all the time. It is like I've scalded my mouth on a hot drink.
2. the inside of my lips burn too, and feels really strong when I am tired.
3. I can barely taste anything anymore.
4. Water cools it, but only for the time it is in my mouth.

I went to the doctor yesterday about it as it has been going on for 6+ weeks, I thought at first it was because I started using a different toothpaste, but when I stopped that toothpaste it persisted.

My doctor is now sending me for blood tests.

Let me know if the dentist can come up with anything. I have tried to make an appointment with mine, but seems to be constantly engaged.

echt Wed 26-Sep-12 06:32:03

Just google "constant minty taste in mouth". There's a whole world of stuff out there.

notnowbernard Thu 27-Sep-12 13:46:19

echt - believe me, I am GoogleQueen when it comes to this lark and I have come up with nada: either pregnancy (def not) or GORD (refux type stuff - am convinced it's not this)

mumof4sons - weird, isn't it?! Went to the dentist, he x-rayed my back teeth (all fine), nothing wrong with either of my fillings, said it might be gum-related and to see the hygieneist but could see no problems

Interestingly, the taste has gone today. I do have a cold just come out, I wonder if it was a sinus thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now