Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Early Breast Screening

(1 Post)
LaFlotte Mon 24-Sep-12 15:14:47

Hello,
I am 35 and when my Mum was this age she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and was and still is, fine.

Recently, I found a little hard lump, really tiny, much smaller than a pea and had a mammogram and ultrasound which showed nothing except a peak in normal breast tissue (looked like a little mountain on the screen) which was consistent with the little lump and the consultant says it's normal breast tissue.

I'm finding it hard to accept this diagnosis although I know you have to trust the experts but any time I check for new lumps I can't help poking around at this one. It doesn't feel like normal tissue if you see what I mean.

Anyway, I asked if there was any early screening available due to my family history but there doesn't seem to be. My Maternal Grandmother died young, but not from cancer, my Mum is an only child, I am an only child...so I don't have other family history to look upon.

Has anyone managed to organise early screening or am I just being silly? Also, do you think there is any way I could ask for this little lump to be removed as it really bothers me being there as I am always wondering if they made a mistake.

I think perhaps I am just wasting the Drs time but would appreciate your thoughts and any experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now