Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovulation pain?

(7 Posts)
RoomForALittleOne Mon 24-Sep-12 08:55:53

So I've had pain for the last three days that I put down to ovulation. I'm CD 14 today and had a pos OPK yesterday. The pain was on the right side and very low down in my abdomen, going in to my back. It got worse until I gave in and took some painkillers and curled up on the sofa yesterday which is not like me at all.

Today, the pain is central, crampy and much worse. Apart from being very tired this month that reminds me of pregnancy tiredness, I don't have anything else going on.

Is this just bad ovulation pain?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 24-Sep-12 10:58:03

Ovulation pain is not normally as severe as what you have been experiencing the last couple of days. Is your period due to start within the next week or two?.

I would keep a pain and symptom diary and if it keeps happening visit the GP and ask for a referral to a gynae.

Have you ever had such symptoms like this before?. Mid cycle pain particularly if it keeps happening ought to be further investigated (as endometriosis may be the culprit).

Verybusymummyof2 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:52:22

Hello, I am experiencing something very similar and have done for the last 2 months so I am off to gp later today as i am a real worrier!
I get really bad cramping pains very low down on right hand side and pain in my thigh. It feels like period pains and dull ache in thigh but started on Thursday which would have been day 10 of cycle and I still have it today. It is not constant but is there enough for me to take notice daily since Thursday. I too thought it could be ovulation pain but I have never had this before. I do have a coil fitted and am wondering if it could be linked.

sincitylover Tue 25-Sep-12 22:02:46

I've been suffering from severe ovulation pain today plus feeling totally tired with it.

It's not worth investigating it now as its gone on for many years and I'm now hitting the menopause.

But it's like someone jabbing a knitting needle in my lower right side and sometimes I'm doubled up with it.

I should have had it investigated years ago - my mum also had it and as far as she s concerned you should just put up with it!!sad

I've also got a massive fibroid - wonder if its linked.

The only advantage I can see to ovulation pains is when you are TTC and my sex drive goes through the roof when ovulating. grin

sincitylover Wed 26-Sep-12 08:46:59

Bumping as I seem to have killed the thread

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 26-Sep-12 09:15:36

SCL

Its never too late to get it properly investigated. Fibroids can also cause heavy bleeding to arise. Do not put up with it, I only wish I had seen a gynae cons in my early 20s but I never did and it is something I regret. I was in my early 30s when I was finally diagnosed with endometriosis.

The pain in your thigh is probably sciatic nerve related; the pain from my endo used to travel down my legs via the sciatic nerve. Agony all round, pain in stomach, lower back, womb and sometimes rectal to boot. The reference you made to the knitting needle also made me wince inwardly because I used to get the very same.

RoomForALittleOne Wed 26-Sep-12 21:49:44

So I ended up having pos OPK for three days (and then ran out of sticks) but the pain isn't as bad now and I'm sure that I have ovulated as my cervix is now firm, closed and dry. We are TTC DC4 so the pain has it's place. I've had the occasional painful cycle in the past so I'm intending to ignore it unless it becomes commonplace. I was a bit surprised by how bad it was this month. Ah we'll, 2ww now and all the joy that brings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now