Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My bloody back/neck

(5 Posts)
Losingitall Sat 22-Sep-12 22:11:39

Never had previous problems.

Woke up Tues thinking i'd slept funny. Stiff neck top of back ( above bra line' and shoulders.

It's worn off slowly but is still painful.

Sore again today after I'd been for a bike rude.

It's sore in a T shape base of neck across shoulders and down my spine to where my bra is. And I'm getting a slight burning/tingling sensation.

Could this be a trapped nerve? What can I do to self medicate?

Losingitall Sat 22-Sep-12 22:12:28

Sorry for typos. On phone feeling sorry for myself.

KurriKurri Sat 22-Sep-12 23:55:38

I guess it could be a trapped nerve -they can be pretty painful, - I had a really stiff neck and pain in my shoulder and top of spine and went to the doctor last week - he said I had 'a severe muscle spasm' - whatever that might be!

Anyway he has given me anti inflammatories, - I've got naproxen with I think is only on prescription, but I'd say go for something like ibuprofen if you can take it without stomach problems, - if not go to the GP. (I get stomach problems with anti inflamms, so I get given lansoprazole to take with it - to protect the stomach.)

Or you could try rubbing in some ibuprofen gel if you have any, or even some deep heat if you have that - they might help.

Good luck - a pain in the neck is -- um -- a pain in the neck grin

ripsishere Sun 23-Sep-12 00:03:46

I've got spondylitis. It sounds similar. Mine only plays up when I've been lifting stuff or slept strangely.
I use anti inflammatories and, if it's really bad, a diazepam. Probably out of date since I've had a the strip for about five years.

Losingitall Sun 23-Sep-12 12:10:34

Thank you both I have some strong ant inf from when I had tendinitis will try them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now