Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do I need to get itchy breast look at as an emergency appt...

(6 Posts)
NoNoNoMYDoIt Fri 21-Sep-12 12:56:50

or can it wait 3 weeks until the next routine GP appt is available?

i have a freckle type thing on the underside of my breast, and a tiny red blemish (size of pinpoint) about 3 cm away from it. breast is intermittently itchy in that area - not on the mole or the pinpoint blemish but closeby. feels like i have something trapped in the fibres of my bra, but i haven't. i only feel it when wearing a bra though. can't feel a lump and there is no pain. been like it on and off for a few weeks now. mentioned it to boyfriend and he is worried...

routine GP appts are 3 weeks away. the only way i can be seen sooner than that is to declare it is an emergency and to be seen the same day.

is it? i am a bit on edge, obviously... btw, i'm 40.

KurriKurri Fri 21-Sep-12 13:50:49

Yes go as an emergency and see the duty Doctor, - it is most likely absolutely nothing to worry about, but it's a change in your breast from your norm, you and your partner are both worried. So go - don't make yourself wait 3 weeks, no GP will be annoyed at you having an emergency appointment for a breast worry.

NoNoNoMYDoIt Fri 21-Sep-12 15:38:12

thank you. i phoned up and they confirmed they were happy to see me today. going down for 5.15 to sit and wait with the other emergencies.

KurriKurri Fri 21-Sep-12 17:18:47

Good luck smile

NoNoNoMYDoIt Fri 21-Sep-12 18:40:32

I have nodular breasts apparently. grin but she can't feel a lump and thinks it may be my underwired bras irritating my skin. blush. Phew tho!

KurriKurri Fri 21-Sep-12 20:29:03

very pleased all was OK smile - and glad you went and were reassured - now you can enjoy your weekend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now