Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tummy pains 8 weeks after c-sec, is this normal? Part of healing process?

(7 Posts)
CastielsTrenchcoat Thu 20-Sep-12 17:08:32

I have been walking DS1 to primary school and pushing a heavy pram with DS2 in it, 2 hours brisk walking a day, part of it, there and back, up a steep hill. Have I hurt myself doing this, or would my tummy be hurting at this stage anyway? It is swollen feeling at the bottom and there is a dull ache internally.

TheWonderfulFanny Thu 20-Sep-12 20:20:47

How long have you been doing that? And how long had it been hurting? Thinking you should get that checked out...

CastielsTrenchcoat Fri 21-Sep-12 07:29:46

I have been doing the walk for 2 weeks, but the pains started two days ago. I'll see how I go today and then phone the docs I think.

strictlycaballine Fri 21-Sep-12 09:34:17

Yes definitely get it checked out. It may be just the pram pushing causing the pain but best to urge on side of caution and let the doc have a look ...

Take it steady!

CastielsTrenchcoat Fri 21-Sep-12 12:11:49

Thanks, will do!

HappyAsASandboy Fri 21-Sep-12 12:26:23

I only had pains like that after doing too much lifting/walking/pushing shopping trolley. I think you need to find a way to take it easier (or slower?). Maybe ask a friend to do one of the school tums for a week or so?

Talk to your GP and get checked out. If you're pushing yourself too hard you could really do yourself some internal damage.

Dozer Sat 22-Sep-12 19:59:35

I had similar and was just overdoing it, dr was v happy to check me out and reassure, take it easier if poss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now