Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Super Shiney Super Stars...

(190 Posts)
ShIne0ncrazydiamond Mon 17-Sep-12 13:07:54

Hello!

Three years since our first weight loss thread and we are still here! Just!

Well, I finally did it! I've lost err... 74lbs since May 2011 and now weigh 9 stone 4 and am a size 8-10, as opposed to umm.. 'lots heavier' and a size 16 /18.

I am really wanting to maintain, tone up, drop a couple more lbs and stay like this so any healthy eating /gym chit chat sounds good to me.

Now - where are we all???

Lizzylou Mon 17-Sep-12 13:13:49

Well done you, svelte Shiney.
I am on a mission at the moment to lose 1.5stone, am 8lbs down since holidays and need the nagging love, encouragement and support of the Shineys desperately.

ShIne0ncrazydiamond Mon 17-Sep-12 13:32:41

You can do 1.5 stone in NO time! What's the plan?

I am fond of calorie counting with an eye on carbs. Oh and cutting out white carbs completely...no bread, pasta etc. That does the trick

Lizzylou Mon 17-Sep-12 13:41:35

I am on a meal replacement thing slimandsave, 6 days in, 8lbs down.
Had a lovely family meal out yesterday, eating sea bass and salad whilst all around me pasta/garlic bread and delicious puddings were being wolfed down.
Drank water and went for a run when I got home shock
Working fulltime has meant I am not as active, so I have piled it on. I just need a quick fix to drop down and then work on modifying my diet longterm. It has taken me an age to get my head right.

I also need to ignore the chocolates, biscuits and cakes in the work's kitchen hmm

Mintyy Mon 17-Sep-12 14:04:20

Bloody well done Shiney, thats amazing. 74lbs is, like, 5 stone or something isn't it? Well done you <hands over gold medal> and thanks and [tea]. Am seriously impressed!

Lizzy - have you considered doing intermittent fasting? Then you could have had the pasta and garlic bread if you'd wanted it.

YankNCock Mon 17-Sep-12 14:15:23

I am pretty much exactly where I was at the first shiney meetup (err, and the second actually). However, I had baby 8 weeks ago, and as of this morning the 2st 5lbs I gained in pregnancy is GONE!

But that still leaves me at 16st on the nose, and my aim is to get to 10st 11 which is the absolute maximum I can be and still have a 'normal' BMI. We'll see what I look like when I get there and decide if I go further.

Currently exclusively breastfeeding DS2 and still feeding DS1 in the mornings, so hoping to burn calories that way and maximise the weight loss for the next 6 months or so. Also following Slimming World and have an app on my phone to track weight that I really really like (graphs and stats and such).

Definitely agree on cutting out carbs. I never eat bread now, we just keep it in the freezer for DS.

MrCock is having a rough time. Since stopping the Cambridge diet he's put about 1/2 a stone back on. He's also trying to follow Slimming World with me (sort of has to as I'm the one cooking). He tried Dukan for a bit but just hated it. Right now he's claiming to always be hungry for carbs. I am trying to make sure we have lots of protein in our meals, not sure what else I can do. He says he needs something more strict!

ShIne0ncrazydiamond Mon 17-Sep-12 14:19:39

I did that too Lizzy - well, Cambridge with a bit of S and S thrown in. It dropped off, although it felt like the world's longest few months at the time.

Thanks Mintyyy!!!! < Slings on gold medal > I looked at Alternate Day Fasting and read up loads. I have spotted 'how' it works! People talk about the metabolic swing and the calorie swing etc but it's very simple. One day you consume, say 1800 calories, the next, 400, for example. So, over two days your intake is 2,200. All you're doing is eating a 1,100 calorie controlled diet - there is no more magic to it than that. I was going to do it as a maintenance plan but decided against it. What 'seems' to be working is a carefully controlled diet right now with the odd treat and an eye on the carbs

Lizzy - any help or advice i can give, just shout

Lizzylou Mon 17-Sep-12 14:19:53

Wow well done Yank, already at pre-pg weight!

Mintyy, I have had a look at the intermittent fasting, I think that I will do that for maintenance. I just need to get rid of the weight first, otherwise I will lose momentum and interest.

ShIne0ncrazydiamond Mon 17-Sep-12 14:21:28

Yank - I continued to lose when I came off Cambridge but it is REALLY vital to increase calories slowly. I still eat only 800 a day at the moment - with a day every fortnight where i eat a little more, if i have a meal out or a glass of wine. If you go from 4/600 cals a day to 1500 plus or a carb heavy diet then yes, the weight will stack back on. Has he done a re feeding programme at all?

FrankieMyDearIDontGiveADamn Mon 17-Sep-12 15:04:58

Hi all smile

Needing a kick also. Lost loads, put 1/2 back on lost a fraction and now it just sits.

Am definitely a carb junky at the moment. Comfort and all that. But do do loads of exercise, so really really need to get my head round it.

I still qualify as the water monitor though as I drink about 3 litres a day. So am chunky with lovely skin grin

BellaVita Mon 17-Sep-12 17:32:18

Hullo Shiners grin

I feel a little heavy and bloated. Have started to cut out bread and other lovely yucky stuff.

Had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast yesterday and today.

Am upping the training in the gym too.

BellaVita Mon 17-Sep-12 17:34:47

And Shiney, you have done fantastically well.

Lizzy, 8lbs in six days is impressive.

Yank, you have only just had a baby, go easy on yourself.

JaquelineHyde Mon 17-Sep-12 17:38:39

Frankie be my water monitor purleeeeeease! I am crap at drinking enough and really, really need to sort it our because not only am I fat but I have shit skin as well (DH just swoons when he looks at me in the morning)

Hello everyone Shiney you have worked bloody hard to get that weight off so enjoy every second of it and Yank bloody hell all the baby weight gone, well done you!

I had lost about 7 stone up until finding out I was pg and since finding out I have lost a further 5lbs so I'm pretty happy with that. However, I went to get a few new bits today in Evans as I start Uni tomorrow and don't want to look a tramp and I can't bloody fit into any of the sizes I was in shock angry

So I have lost more weight since finding out I'm pg but have gone up at least one dress size!!!!! I'm so pissed off it's unreal!

I really need this thread as I am determined to keep on track through the pregnancy and keep losing little bits here and there but I'm ravenous all the time at the moment and craving full fat Coke!!! Which I have never, ever drunk even when I was addicted to fizzy drinks.

Nice to see everyone coming back.

MistressIggi Mon 17-Sep-12 17:54:40

Hello hello. Hat off to Shiney on massive loss. Not jealous at all oh no.
Am a vast weight and need to get off to a good start. Have trip to see family in 4 weeks so would be nice to have lost a chunk by then. Reading your tales of no bread/pasta fills me with dread - I've just started baking bread, and need pasta meals as part of my frugal-living budget! Have been exercising on school days when I get a bit of (relative) peace.

Lizzylou Mon 17-Sep-12 17:54:49

Well, isn't this nice? Like a pair of comfy slippers.

Frankie, I too am swigging water like no tomorrow, weeing all the goddamn time.

Bella, you pocket rocket you'd be proud of my very clean and tidy house. This week I have mainly replaced food and wine with cleaning shock
DH is well pleased.

Jaq, you have done so well, water is fab as it fills you up and does help with the skin. How are you feeling Mother to be?

Tomorrow is 1st week weigh in and measure, will be big as first week and I was on holiday mode for the week before still, just need to keep going now. Not finding it too hard at all, tired today though.

DH and I are planning on doing a Triathlon next year, not a full strength one, but still. He has lost a stone in the past month just by cutting down. Fascist.

I am very much an all or nothing type, I was fooling myself I was cutting down in all honesty.

MistressIggi Mon 17-Sep-12 18:03:11

Good grief a triathlon is serious business! I need a way to stop the snacks. Meals never as much of a problem. And often once kids are asleep I feel I 'deserve' something to eat! Exercise works well for me but not in position to go to gym, so dvds all I can do. Great to see so many well-kent faces again, you have been missed thanks

VinegarTits Mon 17-Sep-12 18:08:51

Hello shiners! lizzy well done on 8 lbs! what is this diet and where do i buy it?

Well i am roughly the same weight that i was 3 years ago, have tried every diet going, SW, WW, dukan, atkins, calorie counting blah blah....and it always creeps back on, i never actually lose more than 2-3 lbs confused

I was thinking of getting a personal trainer, someone who can teach me about proper diet and exercise and tell me what my body needs to burn fat (and someone fit, young and single who is also up for a shag) as i havent got a clue and need educating

My biggest problem is alcohol, gin-tinis atm and of course the real ale doesnt help, but i cant give that up, can i?

Shiney you are no my weight loss idol, just post your daily diet and i will eat what you eat....no hang on i cant stomach quorn i need a real piece of meat wink

<settles in like a piece of old furniture>

VinegarTits Mon 17-Sep-12 18:10:16

and I have actually been looking at local personal trainers websites and discounting them if they are not good looking enough blush

VinegarTits Mon 17-Sep-12 18:13:08

also tell me how you survive on 800 cals a day without wanting to commit murder/hari kari?

BellaVita Mon 17-Sep-12 18:21:23

I would just die on 800 cals Vin.

Vin it is fab to see you thanks

VinegarTits Mon 17-Sep-12 18:25:56

Thanks Bella grin wine

JaquelineHyde Mon 17-Sep-12 18:34:53

Bella are you off to the MN meet up in a few weeks?

MistressIggi Mon 17-Sep-12 18:37:25

I'm sure I have 800 cals by end of breakfast.

BellaVita Mon 17-Sep-12 18:40:29

Hi Jaq, yes I am. It is less than 2 weeks. 29th Sept.

JaquelineHyde Mon 17-Sep-12 18:50:07

Oh yes the day before dh's birthday! Make sure you fill us all in with the gossip when you come back grin

Does anyone have any crafty tricks for drinking more water and will a tiny spash of squash be ok in it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now