Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ASDA to sell asthma inhalers over the counter 2 for £7 !

(10 Posts)
FYP Thu 16-Aug-12 13:06:32

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Asda now sell asthma reliever inhalers (salbutamol) over the counter, 2 for £7 and no more than 2 every 8 weeks.

I think it's a great idea as I've lost mine or used it up without being organised enough to put in a new prescription and wait 48 hours to pick it up.

Subject to a quick consultation with a pharmacist and many big asda pharmacy dept open til 10pm.

I don't work for asda btw grin

Asda Inhalers

OddBoots Thu 16-Aug-12 13:14:04

What a good bit of common sense.

LemarchandsBox Thu 16-Aug-12 13:24:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LemarchandsBox Thu 16-Aug-12 13:25:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Great news! So many people use these and they will still be regulated by a pharmacist so it can only be a good thing. I've lost count of the number of inhalers I've lost only to discover my spare to be nearly empty too.

ClaudiaCutie Thu 28-Mar-13 23:01:19

Just an update - ASDA has withdrawn this service without any announcement. They are now telling people it was a trial and telling people to to go a walk in centre.

Pitmountainpony Fri 29-Mar-13 04:10:43

What a shame they cost a hundred quid a throw here in the US if you do not gave Insurance.

sashh Fri 29-Mar-13 06:04:03

Pitmountain

Bloody hell, who's making the mark up, they cost the NHS £1.50

this is from the BNF

Aerosol inhalation, salbutamol (as sulfate) 100 micrograms/metered inhalation, net price 200-dose unit = £1.50. Counselling, administration

Pitmountainpony Sat 13-Apr-13 18:30:45

Errrr the pharmacy companies here are gold mines. So unfair.

vole3 Mon 15-Apr-13 07:08:57

I got one from my asda on Saturday. Might be pharmacist dependent i.e. they can only prescribe if they've had additional training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now