Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Both of us coughing

(8 Posts)
Batters Thu 15-Nov-01 22:13:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Robinw Fri 16-Nov-01 07:31:28

message withdrawn

Emmam Fri 16-Nov-01 09:09:58

Lavender oil is an anti-spasmodic - try a few drops on your pillow or night clothes before you go to sleep.

Hedgehog Fri 16-Nov-01 12:30:32

Try thyme essence, it works wonders.

What I have also found to work is those Nelson's teethas. One night, in desperation, I gave my 4 year old one and it worked wonders- he stopped coughing! As I had stacked up on them in a visit to the UK some years ago, I still have plenty and use them when the children are coughing.

Sounds crazy but it is worth a try.

Batters Fri 16-Nov-01 13:33:42

Robinw Sat 17-Nov-01 08:24:47

message withdrawn

Batters Sat 17-Nov-01 18:15:17

Hedgehog Mon 19-Nov-01 09:45:26

Nelson's Teethas contain homeopathic chamomilla (camomile) which is a great calmant and completely harmless.

You should be able to get thyme essence (or thyme oil) in pharmacies which stock herbal remedies, it is wonderful for helping to ease breathing. Eucalyptus oil is also good for easing breathing.

What you can do is chop an onion very finely, put it in a cup and pour a spoonful of honey over it. Leave it for 12 hours and then sieve the bits of onion out of the mixture and then administer as cough syrup. It helps with mild coughs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: