Talk

Advanced search

Brace Wax - is there a really good one or an alternative ? I'm in pain : (

(9 Posts)
recall Thu 15-Dec-11 14:17:43

Had my bottom one fitted a couple of days ago, it is metal and killing my gums. I have applied some red wax, but it just keeps falling off. Is there a more permanent solution ? Like a brace guard or something ???

OP’s posts: |
Dartfordmummy Thu 15-Dec-11 23:26:02

I used to get this every time my braces were altered. Eventually my mouth seemed to get used to the braces - sorry I can't offer any other support.

recall Sat 17-Dec-11 00:42:17

got some brace ease gel, its really good, thanks for replying.

echt Sun 18-Dec-11 19:53:25

Use Adcortyl. You can buy it over the counter at a chemist. It's in a small tube and is a claggy paste which sits on the sore bit of your mouth and heals it. Works a treat. It's intended for mouth ulcers, and is far better that Bonjela, which slides about all over the place.

PurpleWithaBlueBun Sun 18-Dec-11 20:07:33

Your mouth will eventually toughen up, take paracetamol and I used Bonjela although other stuff sounds good.
I also used to take paracetamol just before my appointments as it would head off the pain after any adjustments had been made. It can be painful you have my sympathy but for me was definitely worth it. smile

thisisyesterday Sun 18-Dec-11 20:12:34

i had this and eventually went back to the orthodontist who just bent the wires back a tiny bit where they were catching and it was fine!

simonthedog Sun 18-Dec-11 20:13:22

sorry echt but adcortyl has been discontinued. sad

recall Mon 19-Dec-11 00:13:16

Thanks, its not the pulling ache of the teeth, it is the gums rubbing the metal. I have had a look with a torch, and there is a hook on the back one that is poking through the gels and wax and has dug a hole in my gum. It seems to be a spare bit, he has attached one on each side on the tooth behind the one that anchors the wire, they aren't actually doing anything. I am going to in tomorrow and ask if he can take it off. If I blow my cheek out, the flesh of my cheek pings off this hook - very nasty sad

ThePhoenixRises Sun 18-Aug-19 20:31:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »