Talk

Advanced search

Oh god, hemorrhoids

(36 Posts)
youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:24:11

I've never had them before and I'm not even pregnant. I am in agony. I have googled, while sobbing - and they seem to be external and thrombosed. No one ever told me that piles was like being stabbed in the arse.

I've tried germoloids - the ointment and the spray, but no improvement. I know it's pathetic, I know it's childish, but i really really dont' want to go to my male doctor and show him my bum - I'm aware he'll have seen worse, but it makes me feel sick thinking about it. And I've done childbirth, but this is somehow worse.

Please, anyone, is there anything else i can try without seeing doctor. I've tried warm baths, ice, hydrocortisone spray and cream. I've even read amateur arse doctors heroic self banding but these aren't dangly so you couldn't tie them.

twolittlemonkeys Wed 26-Oct-11 13:27:21

I got some creams when I had them several yrs ago. You have my sympathy, they are really horrible. If you go to the doc, I don't think he'll insist on seeing your arse to prescribe you something.

JenniferYellowHatsRedLingerie Wed 26-Oct-11 13:32:17

After 5 years, I finally braved the GP last week about my piles. I was in AGONY. I got some cream, and 24 hours later all was better. Just do it, go see your doctor.
My sympathy too smile it's fecking awful, isn't it.

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:34:30

Really? It really worked that fast? What was the cream called - very glad yours are all better - i had no idea at all that it could be this bad, i thought it was just dangly bits of skin that felt a bit annoying, rather than the feeling of sitting on shards of broken glass. It's making me so miserable i'm being totally horrible to everyone.

thousandDenier Wed 26-Oct-11 13:35:32

Sorry OP you need to put your brave trousers on then get yourself to the GP and get em orf again. grin

Prescription strength cream will be your friend.

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:39:49

Oh waaaiiil. I don't have any brave trousers, all my trousers are GP-phobic cowardly trousers, i literally havent' been to the gp about anything for years - even things that aren't horribly embarrassing - so the thought of it makes me feel queasy. I know it's stupid, I really do, but I think i'd rather remove them myself with a spoon. sad

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:41:45

Can nurse practitioners prescribe bum things? I know she can prescribe antibiotics - maybe I could see her, as she's not as bad as the gp, kind of.

bettieblue Wed 26-Oct-11 13:43:58

Hi

Go to the doctor.....I have a male doctor, he examined me (he got a female receptionist to come in- i was behind a curtain so she couldn't see). The examination took a minute, it didn't hurt and he referred me to the hospital. He told me that unless they go by themselves creams won't shrink them it will only alleviate the symptoms (mine were quite large!). He referred me to the hospital- i went to see a consultant thinking we'd have a chat about options only for him to do the treatment there and then. They injected the piles- it sounds awful but took a few mins, it didn't hurt it was just a bit uncomfy and a female nurse was there too. Have had no probs since- honestly compared to child birth it was a walk in the park!

bamboozled Wed 26-Oct-11 13:46:59

Just ask to see a lady doc - did it recently, wearing my brave pants and she was very matter of fact - but totally get your drift, yuk yuk yuk - am married to a doctor and I would NEVER discuss it with him - would rather outsource this (with bright pink cheeks and lots of apologies...)

JollyBear Wed 26-Oct-11 13:49:40

Anusol suppositries. Absolutely marvelous. I got piles in my last pregnancy and the agony. Oh my!

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:50:37

There aren't any lady doctors at my surgery - there are FIVE male doctors.

Oh God having them injected sounds horrendous. Oh my goodness.

JenniferYellowHatsRedLingerie Wed 26-Oct-11 13:50:41

youch I'm trapped under a sleeping DD or I'd go upstairs and get you the name. Yep, seriously, 24hrs and no pain (took 4 days for them to shrink back in).
Just go to the doctors love smile

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:52:31

Aren't suppositries for the inside kind? Mine are on the outside bit. See even discussing this on the internet with a made up name is excruciating. I am truly stunted.

youch Wed 26-Oct-11 13:53:45

Thanks Jen, I will try, really hard so find some brave trousers.

wigglesrock Wed 26-Oct-11 13:55:41

I had a really bad dose while pregnant with dd3, I didn't have to show anybody them grin, my GP prescribed a stronger cream for me, the relief was immense (the cream may have been called Uniloid - I think), I'll check when dd3 will let me out of her sight. Get thee to a Doctors or at least ring them grin

Bunsouttheoven Wed 26-Oct-11 14:03:44

I had them after my dd. Gp did not examine me as said from my description it was obvious & wouldn't put me through the embarrassment. He gave me suppositories as he said they are much more successful at treating them as some will be inside too.
Brave it, arse stabbing pain really is not worth it when weighed against the gp chat.

Good luck.

youch Thu 27-Oct-11 11:40:34

Waiting for call back from dr. Clutching arse. Crying.

youch Thu 27-Oct-11 12:27:06

He won't prescribe without seeing them, so I have to go in the morning and show him. Must find some brave trousers by then. <sob>

wigglesrock Thu 27-Oct-11 12:33:08

Well done on ringing them, go in, it won't be as bad as you think and with me the relief with the prescribed ointment was fairly immediate, so by this time tomorrow you will feel much better.

TaylorandBenjisMummy Thu 27-Oct-11 12:37:31

I too couldn't brave the GP (male too). I got some 'Anusol' cream, it was amazing and felt better so didn't have to attend my appt booked for next day. I've suffered since birth of DD and this cream is a gift from the gods grin

youch Thu 27-Oct-11 12:41:41

I went for germaloids instead of anusol, purely because it didn't have 'anus' in the name. I wish i'd gone for the anus now, instead of the germ. This has been like some kind of horrific challenge to all my patheticness.

wigglesrock Thu 27-Oct-11 12:45:45

My pharmacist told me germaloids was better than Anusol - seriously I too tried all other avenues before talking to the Dr.

TaylorandBenjisMummy Thu 27-Oct-11 13:30:38

I hope you feel better soon, there really is nothing worse than that pain. I can barely sit down when I get an attack.

oldermummy11 Thu 27-Oct-11 20:16:40

Totally sympathise here. I had a very bad case of thrombosed piles after childbirth and have had cases sine then. The only medication I find that helps (and believe you me I've tried em all) is anything with the ingredient of lignocaine which acts as a local anaesthetic. You can ask for this on prescription or I think I once had a spray which had this in. Only time will help as they eventually shrink back. I know how much it hurts but over the counter stuff like Anusol isn't strong enough for the pain.

Meglet Thu 27-Oct-11 20:21:03

<<hand holding from me>>

I have to have a camera up my bottom tomorrow (colonoscopy) am not looking forward to it. If I can do it then you can go to your GP <<stern look>>. They have seen it all before and probably a hell of a lot worse, they did train for it didn't they!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »