Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this stress or the peri menopause?

(4 Posts)
kaylasmum Mon 24-Oct-11 16:48:47

hi,

I'm 45 and suffer from health anxiety and stress. For the past 5 months i've been going through high anxiety. I managed to convince myself that i had bowel cancer. I have ibs and it was really severe for about 3 monyhs but has/been greatly immproved in the last few weeks. My last period 2 months ago was 2 weeks late but i kust put it down to stress but now i've not had a period since august. I did a pg test and its negative.

So is this the begginning of the menopause or could it still be due to the stress and anxiety? I also think i', getting migraines too, over the last 2 years i've had on 4 separate occasions a visual aura, closely followed by a severe headache. Could this be menopause or sress related too?

Thanks for any replies.

Summatontoast Mon 24-Oct-11 17:40:09

I am experiencing very similar prolems at moment...42 yrs old and irregular periods, dizzy spells, headaches, shakey feeling and many other health worries that span over about 18 months. GP has previously done bloods but nothing hormonal indicated, she did say however, it is worth checking a couple of times as can be missed depending on how ovaries working at the time. Could very easily be stress/perimenopause, I would go and have a chat with GP. Hope you get some answers and start to feel better soon.

kaylasmum Mon 24-Oct-11 18:20:18

hi,

Has your gp told you if it likely that you are peri menopause?

Have you had any digestive issues with your symptoms? i am going to my gp to ask to get my hormone levels checked.

Summatontoast Mon 24-Oct-11 18:39:41

Hi, yes, she thinks it could be. Bowels been a little erratic, nothing major. Am sure it can all be linked to change in hormones, def headaches too. Your GP will want to rule out other possibilities to be sure of course, so good idea to go and chat over your symptoms. I was surprised at what symptoms it can cause to be honest (have googled myself into oblivion with it in past).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now