Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Extremely painful nipple

(4 Posts)
Rindercella Mon 24-Oct-11 12:48:40

I know I need to go and see a doctor and I will get an appointment booked in for later this week (am currently away from home and get back on Wednesday).

For the last 2 days one of my nipples has become extremely painful. It's generally ok if it's left alone, but if I touch it (eg when washing in the shower) it actually causes me to shout out it is that painful. The other one is absolutely fine.

I cannot possibly be pregnant. I finished my period yesterday, this came 1 week early but was otherwise perfectly normal. I stopped breast feeding DD2 back in June/July. This is the boob neither of us particularly favoured.

I am bloody petrified now, but I have no reason to be do I?? <weak smile>

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 25-Oct-11 06:51:15

Could be all manner of things and probably nothing to worry about but you're right to get it checked out. In the meantime I'd take using relief to manage the discomfort.

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 25-Oct-11 06:51:28

pain not using!

Rindercella Tue 25-Oct-11 09:29:43

Thank you for replying. Not sure why I posted really, just panicking a little I guess. I have got an appointment with the GP for later in the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now