Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

have decided not to eat today and perhaps for a while.

(4 Posts)
eragon Sun 23-Oct-11 13:35:17

i have severe ibs and intol, and am eating gluten for a coeliac test, but after being in such pain last night and today, not being able to sleep from the pain. I have decided that i shall just not bother to eat.

the pain of hunger is nothing compared to the pain of eating.

CMOTdibbler Sun 23-Oct-11 13:37:20

You need to eat. But if being back on gluten is causing you a lot of pain, forget the coeliac test and just get back on gf knowing that coeliac or not, its the diet you need to be on

PumpkinUpTheVolume Sun 23-Oct-11 13:38:04

Couldn't read and run. I'm so so sorry and whilst I have no experience of what you're going through but wanted to offer a virtual hug.

x

Marvellous Sun 23-Oct-11 13:44:21

I do know how this feels and poor you - it's absolutely horrible. I know that it seems logical not to eat anything, but IME, that makes it all worse. I'd suggest that you eat little and often, and keep it bland - banana, rice, cooked apple, toast is the usual advice (BRAT) but given your gluten issues, you'll probably want to go easy on the toast. Go and lie down with a hot water bottle on your tummy and try to unwind a bit; easier said than done when you feel so rubbish. Are you allowed to take colpermin? If so, it might help. You can take two tablets three times a day if the pain is severe.

All of the above has worked for me in similar circumstances, though sometimes I forget to take my own advice and was in such pain with it a couple of days ago that I fainted, but managed to get a grip of it doing the things above and am back to feeling fine today. I have so much sympathy. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now