Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

babies here, now i cant stop eating....junk

(4 Posts)
jimmijam Fri 21-Oct-11 20:16:53

is it just me or is this 'normal'?
lo is almost 6 weeks old and i keep eating junk food. he is bf. im not hungry when i do it, just get a taste for something and go for it. im not huge (pre pregnancy 8-10, now prob a large size 10, but as im short this size suits me), but i also dont want to get that way. i also dont want all the sugar and who knows what else getting thru my milk into baby (i know the only way to stop this is not eat it-or reduce the amount of bad foods i eat).
i just dont seem to have the determination to stop myself.

please someone give me words of wisdom

PrincessScrumpy Sat 22-Oct-11 18:44:39

I'm the same - cannot just eat one biscuit or even a few - I go for the whole packet! Dtds are 7.5w and are bf. I think it's to do with energy levels. A friend of mine has a 9wo dd who is bf and is feeling the same. I start thr day healthy with muesli but by about 4pm I want to binge until about 9pm! Maybe get worried if you go up a dress size but you do retain some weight when bfing. with dd1 I took 5 months to get back to a large size 12 but at 8 months dd stopped bf and I lost a stone in 2 weeks without trying!

coastgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 18:48:23

DS is 9wo and I am exactly the same. Usually I am not much of a junk eater and don't care for biscuits etc but now it's all I go for. Biscuits, cake, chocolate...bring it on.

It will not affect your milk, so don't worry about that - baby gets exactly what baby needs, no matter what you eat.

jimmijam Sun 23-Oct-11 20:53:00

Thankyou both, its sooo nice 2 hear im not the only 1!
:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now