Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

babies here, now i cant stop eating....junk

(4 Posts)
jimmijam Fri 21-Oct-11 20:16:53

is it just me or is this 'normal'?
lo is almost 6 weeks old and i keep eating junk food. he is bf. im not hungry when i do it, just get a taste for something and go for it. im not huge (pre pregnancy 8-10, now prob a large size 10, but as im short this size suits me), but i also dont want to get that way. i also dont want all the sugar and who knows what else getting thru my milk into baby (i know the only way to stop this is not eat it-or reduce the amount of bad foods i eat).
i just dont seem to have the determination to stop myself.

please someone give me words of wisdom

PrincessScrumpy Sat 22-Oct-11 18:44:39

I'm the same - cannot just eat one biscuit or even a few - I go for the whole packet! Dtds are 7.5w and are bf. I think it's to do with energy levels. A friend of mine has a 9wo dd who is bf and is feeling the same. I start thr day healthy with muesli but by about 4pm I want to binge until about 9pm! Maybe get worried if you go up a dress size but you do retain some weight when bfing. with dd1 I took 5 months to get back to a large size 12 but at 8 months dd stopped bf and I lost a stone in 2 weeks without trying!

coastgirl Sat 22-Oct-11 18:48:23

DS is 9wo and I am exactly the same. Usually I am not much of a junk eater and don't care for biscuits etc but now it's all I go for. Biscuits, cake, chocolate...bring it on.

It will not affect your milk, so don't worry about that - baby gets exactly what baby needs, no matter what you eat.

jimmijam Sun 23-Oct-11 20:53:00

Thankyou both, its sooo nice 2 hear im not the only 1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now