Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Infection post LLETZ - Help! TMI...

(5 Posts)
TruthSweet Fri 21-Oct-11 14:24:43

I have a womb/cervix infection that I have had at least a month. I had one LLETZ procedure cancelled due to the infection.

They went ahead with with the re-scheduled op even though my period showed up 2 weeks early (last one was 1 week early when the infection was found) and during the op they found that the infection hadn't cleared up.

I was given Augmentin by IV but had an allergic reaction so was sent home on Metronidazole & Ceflaxin. The course finished but pain, bleeding & pus haven't cleared so GP has put me Doxycyclizine, Metronidazole and diclofenac suppositories - told me to call today if not any better and if no better on Saturday go to A&E to see the on-call gynae.

Well I'm not any better today - hot and cold chills, black/beige/red stuff on my ST, very crampy, tearful and no appetite today. Spoke to a different GP at the same practice who says to wait until Monday to give the ABs time to work hmm

Anyone any ideas (aside from go to A&E - which I will do in a few hours if no better then) or had similar?

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Fri 21-Oct-11 14:37:39

Have you got a contact number for colposcopy or gynae where you had your LLETZ done? Give them a call and see what they think. Not sure I'd want to leave it much longer with those symptoms. (That's a personal take on it not a professional one BTW)

TruthSweet Sat 22-Oct-11 10:24:41

Well I'm off to the hospital as soon as DH gets back from picking my mum up. I felt a bot better yesterday afternoon but got worse overnight.

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Mon 24-Oct-11 00:02:09

How did you get on?

TruthSweet Mon 24-Oct-11 02:32:43

I had a bladder infection too with lots of protein and blood in my samplehmm so now on 3 types of anti-bs. I currently look about 6m pg as my stomach is so swollen.

I found out from the Gynae that I had a LOT of tissue cut away and quite deeply too. Plus, as I bled quite a bit during surgery they had to burn large areas of my cervix to cauterise the wounds even after the LLETZ had been done (I knew they had to pack me afterwards but I hadn't realised the wounds were so extensive). The black stuff I saw was burnt flesh <boak>

I had thought that a LLETZ procedure would be very minor and I would be up and about with in a few hours. It's now 2 weeks since I had it done and I am up at stupid o'clock due to the pain even with vast quantities of pain killers (am no wimp - I had pancreatitis 4 times last year and have had 2 unmedicated births).

It's normally done under local but I had it under general due to the location of the cells. I can't imagine having to have it done under local and being sent home within a few hours. I was in recovery for about 3 hours being given morphine to cope with the pain shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now