Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ruptured cyst problems

(4 Posts)
tak1ngchances Fri 21-Oct-11 11:23:16

Had a pain lower down on the left side of my tummy for over a week and finally went to the GP on Tuesday. Was referred to A&E where a scan diagnosed a 4cm simple ovarian cyst that had ruptured and was bleeding and putting fluid into my abdomen.

I was told not to worry, it would resolve itself and given painkillers. (Co-codamol which I am not taking as they make me v sick. I am on the good old paracetamol).

Today I woke up feeling very nauseous and I have a big puffy red face. The rest of my body is freezing. The pain from the cyst is also much worse today. Not sure what to do now...should I go back to the GP? Do you think the pain and the nausea and puffiness are all related? So confused.

Footle Fri 21-Oct-11 13:01:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tak1ngchances Sat 22-Oct-11 13:55:34

Hi Footle thanks for your advice...went back to the GP yesterday and I had a fever and blood in urine. So I have two antibiotics now and have to take lots of rest. Am feeling ok.
Thanks again
TC x

Footle Sat 22-Oct-11 17:15:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now