Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is an ear ache always a sign of infection?

(4 Posts)
banana87 Fri 21-Oct-11 04:22:12

I don't know what to do, and if I'm wasting my time going to the dr.

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have woken with the worst ear ache. I also have a sore-ish throat with green stuff. Ear feels hot inside and is only in one ear. Can't decide if it's cold related or an infection.

Should I see gp when they open or is it likely to be a waste of time?

bubbles4 Fri 21-Oct-11 07:03:36

Could you phone the doctors for advice?I,m not sure of what the procedure is for ear infections now,at one time ab,s were normally given but since the cut down on prescribing ab,s they may not give them routinely now.Hope you feel better soon,you have my sympathy.

MsWeatherwax Fri 21-Oct-11 07:28:20

It's always worth getting ear problems checked out. I have hearing loss due to frequent ear infections of various kinds and polyps.

Reb3cca Fri 21-Oct-11 09:04:56

I woke with awful earache in one ear this morning too - I'm 37+4 and have just turned down the flu job - totally jinxed myself by saying "I never get ill". Currently have cotton wool dipped in olive oil in my ear & a hot water bottle resting on my shoulder against my head. Have been advised to do this by a number of people so hopefully it does the trick. Going to take a paracetamol too to take the edge off it. Hope you feel better. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now