Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am really struggling with pain tonight

(8 Posts)
Saltire Fri 21-Oct-11 00:26:38

My feet are sore and swollen, my legs, hips neck and arms hurt. I also ahve awful acidreflux/heartburn thing going on.

Have had 2 x naproxen at 10pm, along with 2 co-codamol 30/500mg, and my usual Amitryptiline, and took 2 tramadol at 9pm.

I cannot sleep i am crying with the pain, I've had hot water bottles and ice packs o the pain and nothing is even easing it, never mind actually taking it away , and I can't sleep so I'm here, fed up and teary sad

NormanBatesTheForeman Fri 21-Oct-11 00:30:25

Aaaaaawwww...........

Do you know what is actually causing the pain (apart from the reflux/heartburn thing)? Is there anything you can do long term to get it sorted? Otherwise, just hoping you can hang on in there.

Norm xx

Saltire Fri 21-Oct-11 00:35:02

Yes it's Fibromyalgia, I've had it for years but usually get flare ups which can last anyhting from a day to 2 months. This one has been going on since July. I've resorted to using my walking stick, which is never a good sign. I'm back at Rheumy in November, am hoping for more positive help.

as for the ehartburn no idea what's causing it - medication or just one of thos ehtings but it's annoying me now too hmm

NormanBatesTheForeman Fri 21-Oct-11 00:45:46

Oh dear, don't know how to help with that........... sad

All I can say is hope it gets better in some way.

And I'll give you some PlaymoNobdieHugs

Norm xx

whattheactualjeff Fri 21-Oct-11 00:59:26

Oh dear so sorry. I can't think of anything remotely helpful to say I'm afraid.

If you are crying in pain can't an out hours doc come over, give you a decent pain relieving jag I'm thinking? I know they can actually, as friends I'm sure have had similar.

Hope you feel better very soon.

greensmurf Fri 21-Oct-11 07:19:59

So sorry you're in so much much pain. Is the fibro an official diagnosis? Just wondering as didn't think you got swelling with fibro? When was the last time you saw a doc? Maybe it needs to be reviewed.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 16:05:41

Is the heartburn feeling caused by your naproxen? It can be really had on the tummy. do you take omeprazole (or similar) along side it to 'protect' your tummy?

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 16:05:56

hard not had.
silly frozen fingers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now