Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I had a mirena coil fitted under anasthetic yesterday, today i feel like i have been hit by a truck and have a temp of 38 degrees

(6 Posts)
DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Thu 20-Oct-11 15:26:43

Is this just to expected?

DH has taken DD into work with him this afternoon but I am at home with 14m old. I am feeling teary and sorry for myself.

That is just normal isn't it?

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Thu 20-Oct-11 15:35:29

Anyone?

fannybaws Thu 20-Oct-11 15:50:31

Hi there, no not normal, I would call whoever fitted it before 5pm and ask their advice.
It is normal to feel a bit tired after a GA, although it must have been a short one, but the temp is not, give them a call.
HTH

TheLittlestNarwhal Thu 20-Oct-11 15:52:56

Hi, the temperature doesn't sound good, I would try to see someone. I had one fitted a couple of years ago and I was a bit shakey and tearful for a day or so, but no temperature.

lubeybooby Thu 20-Oct-11 15:54:20

I didn't get a temp, I'd call whoever fitted it as fannybaws said, or call NHS direct... or maybe an evening appointment at the doctors?

DedalusDigglesPocketWatch Thu 20-Oct-11 15:54:38

Thank you.

I rang the unit and they said it didn't sound like surgery complications, more like was coming down with something but that it would feel worse after a GA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now