Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Husband has flu and I'm pregnant

(3 Posts)
ZombiesAteMySorelip Thu 20-Oct-11 11:43:20

He is dizzy, has been snotty etc, and I was due to have my flu jab on 31st October. I have moved it to next Wednesday, but meanwhile, I'm probably going to get it too, aren't I? I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Is there anything else I can do apart from bringing the jab date forward?

First off don't panic smile Does he actually have flu or does he have a cold? If he genuinely has flu then he must be very ill indeed with a high temperature and unable to move from his bed. If not, he's got a cold (or manflu as it's commonly known in my house when the male of the species has a snotty nose!)

If you're really worried, give your GP surgery a ring and ask them for advice.

ZombiesAteMySorelip Thu 20-Oct-11 13:03:08

I just took his temperature, and he's really cool. I'm running him a hot bath now. He can get out of bed, but feels very dizzy for it. I'll keep him hydrated, fed, and in the bedroom whilst I stay in the living room. smile

Thank you for reassuring me, because I was panicking a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now