Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slightly panicking about bumpy back

(5 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Thu 20-Oct-11 10:28:45

I've been losing weight and when I was getting ready for bed last night I was looking at how much my shape had changed. I've lost a lot of my back fat (you know where your bra strap is) but I noticed one side was more fatty than the other.

Looking more closely I've got a bump on one side which has little feeling when I press on it and feels spongy?! Its about the size of my palm in width.

So now I'm freaking out. I can't make the doctor today but have the day off tomorrow and I think I'm going to have to go in despite only having been there last week for my cough.

I hate this sad

AuntieMaggie Thu 20-Oct-11 13:00:46

I'm just abnormal then sad

Elibean Thu 20-Oct-11 13:19:10

Could be a lipoma, my mum had one - on her back also, like a big soft fatty squishy bump. Which is what it is smile

Go get it checked out, only way to restore peace of mind - and congrats on having lost the weight (if it was deliberate!).

Imnotaslimjim Fri 21-Oct-11 09:04:42

I have one of these, exactly the same place as you mentioned though it isn't obvious as I still have lots of back fat!

Obviously get it checked to be sure, but it likely is just a lipoma and completely harmless

AuntieMaggie Fri 21-Oct-11 17:27:49

Checked and they said they think it is just fatty tissue/lipma and keep an eye on it. DP has had several lipomas removed from his back and its different to those.

If I say its almost like someone has slipped a breast pad or something under the skin does that make sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now