Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.


(9 Posts)
mummyjah Thu 20-Oct-11 08:17:24

Can anyone recommend good urologists in London (knowledgeable about female bladder issues, possibly ic)? Thanks to all.

therugratref Thu 20-Oct-11 08:29:24

If your problem relates to bladder control /pelvic floor/ child birth injury then it is also worth looking at urogynaecologists-these are generally gynaecologist with an interest in/qualification in urology related to the above. Female urologists are specialists in urology tract disorders which are specific to women (they can be men)
I dont know any personally but I do know there are a couple of female urologists at the London Bridge hospital who are also women!

mummyjah Thu 20-Oct-11 08:43:39

Thanks. Can you recommend any urogynaecologists please?

therugratref Thu 20-Oct-11 20:24:23

Actually I can-Miss Michelle Fynes she works at St Georges in London(a tertiary referral centre for these problems) she also does private work at Parkside.

tak1ngchances Fri 21-Oct-11 11:20:20

Also Mr John Bidmead is very good

breatheslowly Sun 23-Oct-11 11:20:29

I've heard good things about Linda Cardozo.

cardamomginger Sun 23-Oct-11 16:10:23

Prof Cardozo is extremely eminent and is a real guru. However, I found her to be rather "jolly hockey sticks", "pull your socks up" and not that sympathetic. She comes across very much as a surgeon, IYSWIM, and goes by the text book in terms of treatment options. My recommendation, and the urogynaecologist who is treating me for a variety of prolapse, pelvic floor and incontinence issues, is Vik Khullar. He is extremely kind and sympathetic - I have always felt safe with him and never once vulnerable. He takes a very holistic approach, taking into consideration your lifestyle, needs, plans, etc when talking about treatment - I've got a treatment plan that I feel is very much geared towards me as a person, not just as a collection of faulty body parts. He is very thorough. He's at St Mary's on the NHS and has a private practice at St Mary's and at the Harley Street Clinic.
And Linda Cardozo rates him very highly too!

MadameCastafiore Sun 23-Oct-11 16:18:33

Patwarden at blackheath. He fab. Put me in tape and sorted prolapse. He was recommended to me and loved him.

Ilovefluffysheep Mon 24-Oct-11 17:50:11

Google The Institute of Urology which is in London. There is a list of consultants, and shows where their NHS hospitals are and also their private practice. I have managed to be referred to one and am going in November, following my consultant locally telling me there is nothing more they can do for my frequency issues. Its a second opinion, and if they tell me the same, so be it, but I can't take the chance that there may be other options out there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: