Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

REALLY sensitive teeth

(3 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Wed 19-Oct-11 22:02:15

Can anyone suggest anything that helps ? Are there any toothpastes/mouth washes etc. which help at all ?

I would really appreciate any recommendations. Eating anything remotely cold or very hot is so uncomfortable sad

lostmymind Thu 20-Oct-11 11:36:16

Sensodyne toothpaste. Use it twice a day and you should start to feel an improvement.
Visit your dentist, find out if there's a reason why your teeth are increasingly sensitive.
Try Colgate Alcohol free Fluoride mouthwash, more expensive than other variants but was recommended to me for my [equally sensitive] teeth.

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 20-Oct-11 18:20:24

Thank you lostmymind. I'd heard of the Sensodyne toothpaste but just wondered if it was a marketing ploy. Glad to hear it works though.

I have a dentist phobia and went for the first time in over 20 years for a check up last year. The dentist told me I had very thin enamel (probably due to lots of morning sickness in both pregnancies and Bulimia in my teens sad and too much coke). I wonder if it could be that ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now