Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had negative HPT's but were actually pregnant?

(8 Posts)
fedupdotcom Wed 19-Oct-11 15:03:00

I am now 12 days late for my period and have a copper coil fitted. I have done 5 HPT - all negative and one family planning clinic test - the last one being done 2 days ago. My symptoms are dizziness, nausea, tiredness, emotional, frequent urination, thirsty. My doctor says that hpt in this day and age are very accurate and that I am not pregnant. She has tested my blood for anemia and diabetes (although not pregnancy?????) which came back negative. She says sometimes periods just are late and if I still haven't come on in a few moths to go back! I feel like crying, what is wrong with me and why is my period late if I'm not preganant? By the way my coil is still there.

Karoleann Wed 19-Oct-11 15:37:46

I did and ended up with ds1 who is now 5! HPT are only 99% effective, I'd do another one, otherwise ask for a scan to see if anything is going on.

fedupdotcom Wed 19-Oct-11 15:44:01

How many tests did you do? My doc is making me feel like a hypochondriach (sp?). I'm worried if I am pregnant because of the coil being there and I told her this. I could have an ectopic. She seems very unconcerned though and as I say told me not to go back until i have had the symptoms and no periods for a couple of months.

fedupdotcom Wed 19-Oct-11 15:56:23

Should add my breasts are no more sore than normal (i suffer with sore breast anyway due to hormones) and my sense of smell hasn't gone mental like it did in my previous pregnancies.

Angel786 Wed 19-Oct-11 18:17:37

My friend had 4 neg tests when she was pg. I'd say you know your body better than anyone-else!

Sounds like you are pg to me, stress could make your period late but not all the other symptoms.

hattieboomboom Wed 19-Oct-11 22:04:56

Me! Am 3.5 months pregnant now. The first test was negative. When I was offered a seat on the tube a month and a half later I did another one.

fedupdotcom Thu 20-Oct-11 07:47:15

Had a spot of blood after doing my gym class last night. Went to class as doctor had told me I wasn't pregnant so thought I better go cause i'm just wishful thinking that I am pregnant. Now I don't know if my period is coming or if I'm having a miscarriage as a result of me doing my class. Had another spot of pinkish blood when I went to the loo this morning. Feel so stupid. Shouldn't have done the class when I don't feel right. I had to run out of half way through the class as I had really bad stitch like pains but in my groin not where stitch is normally. Good thing is that this has made me and my husband realise we do want another one so whatever is going on I think I'll be having the coil removed.

Angel786 Fri 21-Oct-11 10:58:21

Are you ok op? Just saw this now.

Regular exercise should be fine, even if you are pg, assuming it is no more intense than what you usually do.

Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now