Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blackhead removal

(7 Posts)
SozyDod Mon 17-Oct-11 12:18:14

What a glamorous thread title!

DD2 has a large blackhead in her ear. It's difficult to get at because of its position (on the other side of the blackhead is skull, rather than air, IYSWIM)

What can we use to remove it? I did rememebr seeing some little strips that you place on your nose and they do something for nose blackheads.

Thanks

CoteDAzur Mon 17-Oct-11 12:22:02

Around here, there are long & thin metal contraptions sold in pharmacies with a ring in the bottom. I believe the idea is to place the ring part over the blackhead and push with the handle, leaving the contents to blurb over the ring. HTH.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Mon 17-Oct-11 12:22:48

I would use two kirby grips to get at something like that.

Icelollycraving Mon 17-Oct-11 12:29:30

There is a product called vacuum cleaner by dr Brandt (around £40 so depends if this is a problem elsewhere too). Alternatively,after hot bath or shower press each side with your nails (anti bac first),you will see it loosen. Blackheads are oil that has oxidised. Ones in the ear can be quite big though,good luck! Its very therapeutic eradicating them but I'm a bit grim like that!

SozyDod Mon 17-Oct-11 12:37:06

Thanks for the ideas. The surrounding skin is very firm so squeezing may not work. I did think about using a solder sucker, see here:

www.maplin.co.uk/soldering-iron-and-de-solder--171

With this, you depress the plunger and then when you press the 'trigger' it suchs in air through the small nozzle.

I'll try the warm/hot water approach first.

Seona1973 Mon 17-Oct-11 19:53:25

my mum always used a kirbie on ear blackheads

indigobarbie Tue 18-Oct-11 22:10:15

erm, you could remove the cotton from one side of a cotton bud and press it over the offending beastie! This really works. the gunkyness goes up inside the cotton bud tubing....repeat until all out...good luck. in the ear, tender...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now