Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone know what this means?

(3 Posts)
Syd35 Mon 17-Oct-11 11:11:56

I had a CA125 test which came back normal. I was then referred for an ultrasound and pelvic scan and the sonographer gave the impression all looked fine.

I have just called my GP for the results and the receptionist told me I have a simple cyst on the surface of my endocervical canal.

I am on the GP call list but may not hear back till later on. So now I am sitting fretting wondering what is means. Meantime I have looked it up on Google but it hasn't helped.

Does anyone know what it means?

Imnotaslimjim Mon 17-Oct-11 12:04:12

The endocervical canal is the bit you can feel if you have a rummage in there. A cyst is usually nothing to worry about unless it is large and impinging on surrounding areas. If you're wanting to google, just type in "endocervical canal" and click images, there is lots there to show you where it is

Syd35 Mon 17-Oct-11 12:48:35

Thanks slimjim. The GP just called actually and said nothing to worry about but I will have to go back for another scan in 3-months so they can monitor it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: