Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

doctors in an hour for stiff neck, shooting pains in head and feeling spaced out

(5 Posts)
chosenone Mon 17-Oct-11 08:29:41

I'm a bit worried be because I feel so strange, and hate having time off as I'm a teacher and it stresses me out! I have been a bit low and stressed recently and then started with a really stiff neck at the weekend, like id slept funny. But then I started feeling all spaced out and tearful followed by headaches that painkillers didn't touch! Today I have all the symptoms again along with fuzzy ears. I'm wondering if its a migraine or what... The shooting pains in my head I've had one or two of and are sharp. Just feel worried its something more serious!

BoattoBolivia Mon 17-Oct-11 08:34:58

I had a migraine once, about half way through my first year of teaching! Very scary and thought i was dying. Couldn't lift my head off the pillow without feeling sick and dizzy. You are doing the right thing- get checked then go back to bed and sleep. Good luck. [Hgrin]

FanjoForTheMuahahammaries Mon 17-Oct-11 08:45:10

Could well be muscle spasms of neck..on way to physio for whiplash and similar symptoms

chosenone Mon 17-Oct-11 13:01:37

Apparently a severe migraine or a nasty virus, she did some checks for anything more sinister and didn't seem worried. Got some migraine strength nurofen and gonna try and sleep.

FanjoForTheMuahahammaries Mon 17-Oct-11 13:18:21

Hopefully should be over soon then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now