Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how long should coil threads be?

(6 Posts)
ReastieHorrorShow Sun 16-Oct-11 21:50:46

and does it matter if they are long?

i can feel mine if i (tmi blush ) just put the tip of my finger in. I know I could get them trimmed, just another thing to have to find time to do though IYKWIM. Is there a reason why they should be short (assuming mine is too long)? I can feel them, often. It sort of feels scratchy quite alot, especially as I walk. It doesn't hurt but I am aware of it hmm

Sevenfoldedbloodybodies Sun 16-Oct-11 21:52:16

they are only really trimmed for comfort!
so if they are scratchy best to get them trimmed

ReastieHorrorShow Sun 16-Oct-11 22:01:38

do most people not feel them at all then seven ? Just wondering if it's worth it

Sevenfoldedbloodybodies Sun 16-Oct-11 22:09:52

well you have to be able to feel the when you check them, but they shouldn't be scratchy, they always leave them too long when first put in (I think) so that if it has to be taken out it is easier.
does your man feel the? that was my way of checking

Sidge Sun 16-Oct-11 22:21:50

They need to be long enough to allow for easy removal, generally about 3-4 cms maybe.

So if you have a low cervix you may be able to feel them if you insert your finger slightly into the vagina. You shouldn't really be feeling them when you walk, or have the threads protruding out from the vagina.

Maybe ask someone at your surgery to check them and see if they need a trim?

ReastieHorrorShow Mon 17-Oct-11 07:31:11

seven dh says he can never feel them at all not that we've dtd much since having put had it put in

sidge they arn't actually coming outside of my body but it dos seem quite low down. I've checked at different times of the month as I've read that can make a difference but it's always quite low. I can go for a while and not notice it at all but then every now and again I'll notice that scratchy feeling hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now