Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ear pain

(4 Posts)
stump Sun 16-Oct-11 18:17:18

anyone got any remedies for ear pain? I've had a rotten cold/cough for a week now and this afternoon my ear has really started hurting. At first I thought it was blocked so I used some ear drops and now it is really aching...have taken some nurofen but is there anything else i can do?
TIA

Jellykat Sun 16-Oct-11 19:39:53

Do you have any Lavender Oil? I put a drop on a small amount of cotton wool and put it into my ear so the Lavender is against the hole IYSWIM, keep it in all night.. but if it carries on, you should get it looked at by your GP..

horMOANSnomore Sun 16-Oct-11 19:41:52

When I have earache I warm a little olive oil and moisten a piece of cotton wool in it, then put it in my ear. The heat really helps relieve the pain.

A colleague of mine swears by a garlic clove (in her ear!) but I haven't tried that one.

Earache is horrible, hope you feel better soon.

stump Sun 16-Oct-11 19:59:30

thanks both of you. don't have any lavender oil but followed my mums advice of a hot water bottle - guess it does the same thing as warming the olive oil! Although I wouldn't have to hold that. Will go to GP tomorrow if its no better. Its horrid you are right - I can't remember ever having it before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now