Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Leg feeling very strange indeed

(4 Posts)
WeepsInPaleDew Sun 16-Oct-11 14:56:40

This has been ongoing for about a month, just a generalised numb feeling. It does not affect the function at all, I can touch it and I can feel the touch but it's like the numbness wearing off after a dental appointment.

The area affected is from my ankle to my knee, for the past few weeks when I crouched it felt like I had torn my stockings, not a pain as such, more a feeling of something giving. Immediately after this it felt a bit pins and needley, then numb again.

However, when I crouch now the pain is less of a give and more of a burning pain. It only lasts a second or two before it just goes numb again. I can still work, walk the dogs etc, has anybody any ideas what this could be?

<puzzled>

Milliways Sun 16-Oct-11 17:50:30

Sounds like a trapped nerve. I get this in my thigh and its called Meralgia Paraesthetica, your nerve probably gets trapped elsewhere so you feel it lower down. Nerves give numb, burning, sharp & pins & needle sensations.

Get your GP to take a look anyway.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 16-Oct-11 17:54:44

Its usually caused by something further up. I get it from hip to knee because of a torn nerve in my back!

Pop to the GP to have it confirmed, but there isn't really much they can do about it

WeepsInPaleDew Sun 16-Oct-11 21:17:14

Thank you Milliways and Imnotaslimjim, will get it checked out!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now